Sunday 21 February 2016

Frame mechanical assembly

Now everything is painted and cleaned it's ready to go together.
I don't yet have the motor mounting plate or shaft adapter but the frame can go together and I'll find out how much space there really is for the motor.



This is the lower arm assembly, just the hinging arm sitting on the coils. 

I decided to make up a timber stand to hold the upper frame off the floor. This has made things a lot easier to work on. So now the gearbox is in place held by just one mount on the left hand side, the drive shafts aren't in properly yet as I've just remembered that I need to buy new oil seals so the drive shafts are just hanging in place for now. With the motor spaced as intended with the proposed mount plate it really does only just fit, this is purely a stroke of luck as it didn't occur to me that the motor was going to be longer than the original engine, fortunately the CAD model came out just about right which is useful to know. 




So now I know it's all fitting I need to make up the motor-spline connection and wait for the motor mount to be machined. I've ordered the seals, didn't seem any point in ordering smart ones so I've ordered standard 40ID x 60OD x 10 wide R23 seals which are identical but only £3 each. 
Now I can work out how to mount the motor to the two engine mount points, looking forward to wiring the motor now for the first test run. 





No comments:

Post a Comment