Sunday 21 February 2016

Frame CAD assembly

Having all the parts cleaned an painted seemed like a good opportunity to measure them up and model them in CAD. So now all the major parts are drawn and it looks like the motor is only just going to fit, it did come with a back plate to create a ventilation space and also protect the encoder on the back of the motor. However there is definitely no space for that so I've assumed it can't be fitted.






This view shows the motor and motor mount sectioned and the motor shaft mount and clutch spline. 
I've bought a taperlock bush and flange plate to lock onto the motor shaft. The taper lock is a 1610 size with a 1 1/8" bore, the plate is a BF16 plate which is 120mm diameter with 6 x 8mm mounting holes at 110mm PCD. 
Instead of buying a whole Smart clutch plate which normally comes as a complete assembly I've found that a Ford fiesta MK1 1.0 clutch plate fits the 19mm 17 spline shaft perfectly, just a few £s from ebay. So the plan is to cut off the clutch friction plate and use the inner plate and probably keep the springs as they will act as a bit of a shock absorber which might be useful. 




14 comments:

  1. Hello, your project looks amazing. I'm working in something similar. I like the idea of assembling the new drivetrain in a spare rear subframe too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, could you share CAD data of the Smart rear suspension? Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Thanks for the interest in this blog, I wasn't sure how to add a downloadable file but just looked into it and it seems to work. I've exported the file in stp format, the file is not perfect and needs finishing off but rather like this project I have no time to spare at the moment. I've added a link to it just under the first CAD image. Hope it's of use.

      Delete
    2. could you please upload it again link is broken, badly stuck for it for our current college project, thanks, Anton

      Delete
  3. I'm also interested in CAD files..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Thanks for the interest in this blog, I wasn't sure how to add a downloadable file but just looked into it and it seems to work. I've exported the file in stp format, the file is not perfect and needs finishing off but rather like this project I have no time to spare at the moment. I've added a link to it just under the first CAD image. Hope it's of use.

      Delete
  4. Hi Chris,
    I am on my way ;) Roadster bought, second complete subframe on its way :D . Thanks so much for the files they are proving really helpful. I was wondering if you would share the originals ie the solidworks or autodesk files please.

    ReplyDelete
  5. can someone PLEASE SHARE THE CAD FILE

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,
    great project :)
    I try this conversion on my own with a Tesla SDU. Could i have your 3D Modell from the Frame Assably in SolidWorks-Format? I musst modify some parts and its lot easyer with SWX.

    Regards,
    Patrick

    ReplyDelete
  8. the loan company that grants me loan of 5,000,000.00 USD When other loan investors have neglected my offer but mr benjamin lee granted me success loan.they are into directly in loan financing and project  in terms of investment. they provide financing solutions to companies and individuals seeking access to capital markets funds, they can help you fund your project or expand your business.. Email Contact:::: Also  247officedept@gmail.com or Write on whatsapp Number  on    +1-(989-394-3740)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete