Sunday 21 February 2016

Converting the sub frame from a Fortwo 450 to a Roadster 452 frame

One of the early things I checked on was is a 450 frame suitable to use for a roadster.. and it was apart from two things;

  • The handbrake cable points forwards to connect the the handbrake in the Roadster whereas it points up on a fortwo. 
  • The Roadster doesn't use the anti-roll bar that normally comes with the fortwo frame. 

So the anti-roll bar job was very easy and just involved cutting off the brackets..

The handbrake cable mod meant cutting off the old bracket and making a new one that points forwards, I knew what it should look like from my exiting Roadster so I managed to make a new bracket from the old bracket with a bit of cutting and folding and then welded it on. Susequently I have for the handbrake cables seem a bit short but if I don't clip it to the normal clip points then it works fine.
the old position
 the new bracket
 the new bracket welded on and painted




1 comment:

  1. Hi!I'm reading your fantastic project. Why did you change the sub frame? The stock was not ok?

    ReplyDelete