Wednesday 14 February 2018

The old sub-frame is coming out

I couldn't resist having a go at removing the engine, it was a sunny day even though it's Feb and 3C outside, the sun seemed warm.

So I removed the whole outer skin, windows etc and now have something resembling a mini Delorean which is cool.

So I've continued to strip down taking pics of the various connections I've removed so that if anyone ever want to put the old engine back they can. Hopefully I'm not ever going to want the old engine back?!.
There appear to be very few connections, so far I've removed the 4 main bolts that hold the sub=frame to the car and jacked up the car 100mm to see what is tied to it.

There is a main control connector

The blower connector 

A broken rubber mount

A connector on the left hand sub-frame surface

Looking across between the car and the frame

The brake and wheel sensors

Air con pipes (which were broken on mine) and didn't work

The handbrake cable, which I'm going to have to get to by jacking the car up quite high to get underneath.


No comments:

Post a Comment