Monday 18 January 2016

Drive components

So these are the parts I have so far for the drive.
  • HPEVS AC35 motor
  • Curtis 1238 6501 controller - 80v 550A
  • A load of good quality pre-terminated cables
  • Curtis throttle pot with switch
  • Chunky solenoid
  • 2 used chunky fuses
  • Curtis 840 battery gauge
  • The 35 way Curtis cable connector pre-wired

Coupled to this will be a standard Smart 450 gearbox/transmission. I got this from ebay, unfortunately the person used another photo from someone else's listing so the one I thought I was getting looked in better condition, but this one should do the job. More on this to follow next..




5 comments:

  1. Hey Paul where did you get your ac35? I'm looking for UK suppliers. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would also be interested in where you sourced your motor components! I have an idea to convert a smart roadster myself. Great Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found them on ebay, someone in Chelmsford occasionally sells some EV parts, he has converted Renaults and Smarts but I don't think it's a proper business so he only randomly has parts to sell. It's frustrating that there are no real suppliers of EV parts, everything-ev are really expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PAul- could you email me the details of the Chelmsford person - I am local to there and would love to convert my smart but lack the skills unfortunately. Thanks Gareth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gareth, Apologies for the late reply. Time is not on my side with things at the moment. This is the website for the person who I know from Colchester. http://www.ev-support.co.uk/. I hope it's a useful link. Paul

    ReplyDelete